You are hereJunior Showmanship Information
Junior Showmanship Information
The German Shepherd Dog Council of Australia and all its affiliates are very keen to promote participation of the youth and our future generations in the Breed. This is seen as being fundamental to the development of the German Shepherd Dog in Australia over future years.
2015 National Young Handlers Masterclass
The GSDCA have organised a handling Masterclass for the Thursday of the National. This is targeted for our youth group which is 25 and under however any new handlers that are older than this are welcome. This will be specifically helpful for our youngsters who are moving from junior handlers to handling in the ring and for people who have just began handling in the ring.
STOP PRESS: Handling Masterclass at 2015 National!
The Master Class is for youth handlers and will be at KCC Park, Melbourne, on Thursday 7 May 2015 (the Day before the National starts) at 4.00pm. We have the top handlers in Australia and overseas to give you some lessons and tips on how to present your dog in stance and in movement. If you have a dog you show, then bring it along for the class, as it is a very hands on practical session. It is important you RSVP by Thursday 23 April if you are interested in coming, so we have the right number of handlers to provide coaching for you.
RSVP to Jess Lynch (GSDCA Youth officer) by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Master class 'Master handler profiles'. Below we profile those who will assist with the masterclass. View their profiles and see what they've achieved !
GSDCA CHILD & JUNIOR SHOWMANSHIP AWARD
“That as of 1 Jan 2013, the GSDCA Child & Junior Showmanship Award is introduced to encourage young members to train and handle German Shepherd Dogs and compete in Junior Handler Classes as defined by the ANKC and conducted at Member Clubs or GSDCA shows.”
The Awards to be presented at the National GSD Show are
- GSDCA Child Showmanship Award: 7 years to under 10 years of age.
- GSDCA Child Showmanship Award: 10 years to under 13 Years of age.
- GSDCA Junior Showmanship: 13 years to under 18 Years of age.
- Points as accumulated at all nominated shows in each member state will be counted by Member Clubs to ascertain the respective award winner for their Club.
- The winners from each member Club will be presented with the GSDCA Child & Junior Showmanship Award for the respective age grouping at the GSDCA National GSD Show & Trial.
- The presentation of these awards will be conducted at the conclusion of judging the Junior Handler Classes at the National.
The full details of these awards is attached below.
Junior Handler Classes at the National
Junior Showmanship classes form an integral part of the National Show each year, where youth handlers are able to participate and demonstrate their handling skills in the show ring. These classes are held during the lunch break on the Friday of the Show.
Attached below are two forms.
1. GSDCA Youth Handlers Disclaimer Form (Junior Showmanship Awards)
2. GSDCA Consent Form “Use of photographic Images” for Child Handler Classes
Both these forms need to be printed and signed in the appropriate places and given to the Show Secretary by the appropriate time. This information will be included in the Schedule.
Also attached are the rules pertaining to the Junior Showmanship event as additional information.