You are hereGSDCV Heat Policy
GSDCV Heat Policy
German Shepherd Dog Club of Victoria
2011 Heat Policy
For the Information of Exhibitors, Judges & Stewards
As of the 1st January 2011, if the temperature as forecast on the 7.00pm ABC News on the preceding evening is 37 degrees or above the GSDCV show will commence 1 hour earlier than the scheduled starting time.
Check the ABC News and the GSDCV website www.gsdcv.org.au for details.
Additional Hot Weather Provisions:
The GSDCV fully understands and supports the need for “duty of care” at all events, and firmly believe that the answer is in a well-managed, well-prepared event.
We believe the measures we have outlined below give adequate safeguards for the holding of events and over the last few years the GSDCV has adopted the following procedures for our events held during the warmer months:
· Exhibitors are encouraged to provide their own source of protection i.e. gazebos, umbrellas, sunscreen, spray bottles for dogs in the ring etc.
· Sunscreen, hats and umbrellas for all Judges, Steward/s and Officials,
· Ensure drinks are provided for all Judges, Stewards, Officials and Exhibitors,
· Shade for the marshalling areas for the use of exhibitors, their dogs and officials and so all are kept shaded as much as possible, (the GSDCV purchased gazebos for this situation).
· Encourage Judges to shorten the duration of the classes and NOT undertake lengthy bursts of running, whilst making use of shaded areas etc.,
· Ensure appropriate and adequate placement of water buckets throughout the Show area, and to provide water for all dogs competing,
· Provide wading pools (such as large plastic shell) filled to approximately 150-200 mm of water – so that dogs can refresh;
Normal hot weather precautions would be taken including repeated PA warnings/advice to remind/reinforce that owners must supervise their dogs and must attend to dogs in trailers and cars.
The GSDCV believes the measures as outlined above give adequate safeguards for the holding of events during the warmer weather.
Heat Policy: (to appear in the schedule)
If the temperature as forecast on the 7 pm ABC News on the preceding evening of the Show is 37 degrees or above the show will commence 1 hour earlier than the scheduled starting time.
Exhibitors are advised to check the ABC News and the GSDCV website www.gsdcv.org.au for details of the GSDCV Heat Policy and Additional Hot Weather Provisions.